Victorian courts and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) charge a range of:
- fees for services and regulatory purposes, including licensing and registering certain activities
- fines for improper conduct, and to discourage unlawful behaviour.
Fees and fines are officially set and revised by legislation.
The Victorian Government has a policy of automatically indexing certain fees and fines each year for inflation, so that the value of those fees and fines is maintained.
For further information about court and VCAT fees, please refer to the individual court websites.
The following document contains a list of the automatically indexed fees and fines which are the responsibility of Victorian courts and tribunals.
Please note: On 5 May 2020 the Victorian Government announced a freeze on all fees and fines that were due to be increased in July 2020. This included a freeze on car registration, traffic infringements, court-imposed penalties and permit fees. The fees listed on this page from July 2019 are correct for the current financial year (2020-21).
Important disclaimer: Although Court Services Victoria has sought to make this list as accurate and complete as possible, updates and revisions may be necessary. The material provided is intended for use as a general reference only. It is made available on the understanding that while Court Services Victoria endeavours to maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date information users are aware that:
- Court Services Victoria does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided and will not accept responsibility for reliance upon it
- users should exercise their own care and skill when using the material
- by providing this general information Court Services Victoria is not providing advice
- users should take appropriate professional advice before relying upon the information.
Court Services Victoria does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided and will accept no responsibility for reliance upon it nor responsibility for any errors or omissions in the material provided.
This page was last updated: Wednesday 18 November 2020 - 12:42pm