The Bendigo Law Courts Development has been recognised as a strategic priority for Court Services Victoria and the Bendigo legal community for a number of years.
As a working building, the existing Bendigo Law Court can no longer meet modern accessibility and safety requirements for the growing local population.
In addition to previous funding for land acquisition, the Victorian Government provided $152.4 million in the 2019-20 state budget to build a new regional headquarter court in Bendigo for the Loddon Mallee region.
The Bendigo Law Courts Development will:
- improve safety and accessibility for all court users, the judiciary, and staff
- respond to court user needs by introducing specialist courts and providing co-location for a number of key court system agencies and services
- be digitally enabled to assist court operations and court users
- increase local capacity to reduce travel time and pressure on other courts and tribunals
- contribute to the revitalisation of Bendigo's city precinct, along with the Bendigo GovHub and Bendigo TAFE developments.
This page was last updated: Thursday 14 October 2021 - 11:01am