Download the Quick Reference Guide here -
- A CMS Portal enrolment coordinator should be assigned to complete this process on behalf of your organisation
- A senior representative of the organisation will need to endorse the content
- Information provided gets validated against the information you provide to the Legal Services Board (LSB), so please ensure this information is up-to-date - particularly your organisation's email address.
- There are two types of users:
- User (LLFUser) - this is the access most staff, who have the capacity to lodge documents with the courts, will need.
- Organisation Administration (LLFAdmin) - this is a specialised role for 1-2 people in your organisation (more may be needed if the organisation is large). They can perform additional tasks and have access to reports and user information across your organisation.
- If you were enrolled in eDocs as at 30 September, you should have received an email to activate your CMS Portal account and will not need to undertake this process.
1. Download the CMS spreadsheet for enrolment (below) and save it to your local drive. We recommend that the file name be saved as your organisation's name, for example: Bloggs Legal Firm.csv.
2. Work with relevant people in your organisation to decide on unique IDs for all users. A unique ID can be up to 9 characters if it's purely numeric, and up to 10 characters if alphanumeric. They cannot contain special characters. For example, 468234876 or 987045765L.
3. Using a single tab in the spreadsheet, complete columns A-T as specified below for each staff member that needs access to the CMS Portal. It is important that you enter the data exactly as outlined to ensure we can load it into our system. Any errors in data means we will not be able to create your user accounts. Please pay particular attention to commonly observed errors:
- Leading or trailing spaces
- "username" and "email" email addresses not matching exactly
- Duplicate email addresses
- Incorrectly formatted phone numbers
- Missing information from mandatory fields
A - profile_firstName - Enter the staff member's First Name. If not required, leave it blank. This is an optional field.
B - profile_lastName - Enter the staff member's Last Name. Where a person has a single name, record as a Last Name. This is a mandatory field.
C - profile_barNumber - This is where you enter a staff member's Unique ID as decided during step 2. This is a mandatory field.
D - username - This must be a staff member's organisation email address, and match the organisation's name. This must be unique, and must be the same email adress that you enter into column R. This is a mandatory field.
E - profile_employeeId - User's Employee Number. This is optional for most organisations, but may be mandatory for some as determined by your organisation. This is an optional field. If not required, leave it blank. Do not remove this column.
F - profile_mobile - It is the mobile number that a User can specify if they wish to receive SMS notifications. Please use the following format: Mobile 61(0)447608772. This is an optional field. If not required, leave it blank. Do not remove this column.
G - profile_phone - The staff member's phone number. If a phone number is provided, Court staff can contact with any queries they have. Please use the following format:
- Mobile 61(0)447608772
- Landline 61(0)3700 57519
This is an optional field. If not required, leave it blank. Do not remove this column.
H - profile_fax - Please use the following format: Landline 61(0)3700 57519. This is an optional field. If not required, leave it blank. Do not remove this column.
I - profile_division - Please leave blank. Do not remove this column.
J - profile_busName - Please leave blank. Do not remove this column.
K - profile_busTitle - Please leave blank. Do not remove this column.
L - profile_busRep - Please leave blank. Do not remove this column.
M - profile_rejectionEmail - A user can specify a different email address to receive email notifications of filings that have been rejected by the Court. This is an optional field. If not required, leave it blank. Do not remove this column.
N - profile_secondaryEmail - A user can specify a secondary email address to receive notifications. This is an optional field. If not required, leave it blank. Do not remove this column.
O - profile_eCourtDirld - Please leave blank. Do not remove this column.
P - profile_notes - Please leave blank. Do not remove this column.
Q - role - 1-2 people will be admin (LLFAdmin), the rest general users (LLFUser). This is a mandatory field. These roles must be entered exactly as they appear below:
R - email - The staff member's organisation email address. This must be unique, and must be the same email address you entered into column D. This is a mandatory field.
S - organizationName - This is a mandatory field and will need to be your 'Trading as name', as provided to VLSBC. It can include numbers (0-9) and the following characters - , _ & .
T - Solicitor_Code - This is your Firm LSB number/solicitor code - a unique identifier assigned to you. This will need to be entered as CN, then six-digits (no space). If your code is less than six-digits, please use zeros to make up a six-digit number (e.g. CN000001). If you do not know this number please contact LSB on (03) 9679 8000. This is a mandatory field.
5. Email the spreadsheet as an attachment to the CMS Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org, or your nominated CMS Support team representative (if applicable) with the subject line noted as 'your organisation's name - CMS Portal enrolment', for example: Bloggs Legal Firm - CMS Portal enrolment. Please ensure the spreadsheet is completed as specified above.
6. Provide staff members with their Unique ID. They will need this to activate their account.
7. Once created, each staff member will receive an email from the CMS Portal with a unique link to activate their account. This link will expire after 45 days. The user will need to:
Click on the activation link in the email
- Enter their Unique ID (two-factor authentication)
- Set a new password - the requirements differ from the eDocs Portal password. It must be at least 13 characters in length, contain at least 2 letters, one lowercase and one uppercase character, and either a digit or punctuation.
- Validate and enter User ID (their email address) to confirm new password.
- A user will then receive an email notifying them that their account has been activated.
Note: If the account is created by an Organisation Administration user, they will also receive an email notification that their password has been updated.
8. ADDITIONAL STEP IF NEEDED - What to do if a user doesn't activate their account within 45 days
If a user fails to activate their account within the activation period (45 days), an Organisation Administration user can resend an account invitation email with a new activation link:
- Once logged in, click: Organisation Administration
- Click: Resend Account Invitation Email
- Type the user's email address, then click: Search
- Once the search result shows, click: Send
This page was last updated: Thursday 6 October 2022 - 11:27am