Court Services Victoria's operational unit is made up of four Divisions, overseen by an executive management team. The Chief Executive Officer, Mr David Ware, manages the support services and functions of CSV in accordance with the strategy, plans, procedures and policies of the Court's Council.
Financial Analysis, Planning and Reporting
Lisa Wills - Chief Finance Officer
Work collaboratively with the jurisdictions to ensure a consistent and coordinated financial management capability. Its activities include:
- Managing the CSV appropriation, including reporting to the Courts Council and the Department of Treasury and Finance.
- Producing the CSV Annual Financial Statement, including setting policies and procedures as required in legislation and in accordance with best practice.
- Undertaking corporate finance functions including taxation, banking, and accounts receivables on behalf of CSV.
Strategic Analysis and Review
- Coordinating the development of CSV funding submissions.
- Building a professional quantitative analysis and reporting capability for the production of sophisticated quantitative analysis and activity based costing to enhance long term planning.
- Establishing key performance indicators across the jurisdictions in line with the International Framework for Court Excellence.
- Maintaining and monitoring the CSV procurement framework ensuring best practice in procurement including value for money purchasing.
- Supporting the Courts Procurement Board who ensures the strategies, policies and procedures and probity arrangements are consistent with the procurement framework.
Legal and Governance
Provides services that are essential to the integrity and accountability of CSV as a statutory body with legislative obligations, including:
- providing legal advice and managing the procurement of legal services for CSV,
- managing CSV's legal compliance obligations, including protected disclosures, privacy, freedom of information, records management and the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities.
Information Technology Services
Justin Bree - Chief Information Officer
Support the courts and tribunals by providing, administering and supporting each jurisdiction's ICT requirements and operations. The delivery of high-quality corporate support and expert strategic advice to senior executives and managers is central to this role.
CSV IT provides support in a collaborative shared services model, focusing primarily on IT Strategy, case management systems, in-court systems and infrastructure. CSV receives infrastructure, system and security services from DJR and CenITex.
Victorian Government Reporting Service
The VGRS is an integral part of the services that support the delivery of justice to Victoria's Courts through the provision of recording and transcription services.
Assets and Security
Brian Stevenson - Chief Operating Officer
Works in partnership with jurisdictions to plan and manage the court asset base. Assets and Security is developing a comprehensive and strategic asset management approach that will include:
- service delivery requirements and demand management modeling and analysis,
- an Asset Management Framework to support sustainable assets,
- a multi year financial strategy detailing priority investment requirements,
- planning to review a number of priority investment proposal.
People, Culture and Risk Management
Maria Vasilopoulos - Acting Director
People & Culture
Provides the full range of administrative human resource services to the jurisdictions, including payroll, recruitment, learning and development, workplace relations, return to work and WorkCover claims management, OH&S, change management and provision of other related HR functions.
Koori Policy and Advisory
Ensures CSV has a contemporary approach to responding to issues relevant to Koori staff, community and clients of the criminal and civil justice system.
This page was last updated: Thursday 13 April 2017 - 1:38pm